Wrapping of heating cord is made by winding a spiral resistant wire twisted around fibre glass support. Common resistant wires used for this purpose are made of cupro-nickel alloys or chroma-nickel alloys.
An heating cord allows to get both high resistance value, good flexibility and real strength, which could not be obtained with a single resistant wire.
- making of heating cables, heating mats, heating panels and heating clothes for freezing and
- air-conditioning industries and various industries,
- cold room door framing cables (from 15 to 20 W/m),
- cold room evaporator de-icing cables (from 30 to 35 W/m)
- refrigerating cabinet de-misting (20 W/m for static cabinets – 30 W/m for ventilated cabinets).
- resistance value : up to 30,000 Ω/m ± 10%
- standard diameter :
- without tinned copper braid : 2.6mm
- with tinned copper braid : 3.2mm ± 0.1mm
- max. output : 35 W/m
- max. voltage : 400V
- max. exposure temperature (power off) : 150 °C
- optional tinned copper braid
- standard insulation : thermoplastic rubber